May 3, 2018
There is NO manual that comes with your baby! But now!!! You have Sleep From The Start: Online Newborn Course. My Online Newborn Course is designed to help the expecting mom, the new mom, or the mom again. Perfect for babies 0-12 weeks old, this course will help you lay expectations and routines for baby...creating sanity for everyone!
This episode is just a 12 minute segment from a one hour interview with Dr. Janet West, Pediatrician (RVA Baby), that you'll get IN the Newborn Course! We answered questions like: What is the difference between gas drops and gripe water? What is gripe water?! How can I know if my baby has reflux? Can you overdose on saline spray?! Can I bring my baby to the beach?
Ready to get started with Little Z's Online Newborn Course?! Learn more here!!
Here are Dr. West's tips to find a Pediatrician:
1) American Academy of Pediatrics- find a board certified doctor
2) Understand that your relationship with your Pediatrician is more than a service, it's a personal relationship. "It's like shopping for a mate! When you're in distress, you want someone who can be there to support you."
3) Make sure the doctor office is available for visits!!
4) Doesn't just have to be a Pediatrician- can be a Family Physician you have a great relationship too!
5) Consider your needs: are you high needs? Do you need someone to answer your questions all the time?
6) Two ways to go with finding a practice: Large Practice with weekend and extended hours vs. Small Practice. Pros and cons to both!
Going with a Large Practice? Ask these questions:
"A good physician wants to partner with you."
Going with a Small Practice? Ask these questions:
Learn about Dr. West's services through RVA Baby
Music by Chad Campbell